Monday 21 June 2010

Packing up


Packed up today - front & rear panniers & tent weigh 15kg (just over 33 pounds for our US readers). Bike weighs another 15kg and I still have my front rack to fit in Whitefish. Had a slight scare this morning when I realised the bike box wasn't going to fit in the car, but at least I found that out today, not tomorrow morning just before leaving for the airport! I'm now getting a minivan to pick me up and take me to the airport.

I read in the paper this morning about a 70 year old guy being killed by a grizzly in Yellowstone..... can't decide whether that is a good or bad omen?


2 comments:

  1. No Worries! we will be safe and maybe spray the campsite with bear repellant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll put gamey-smelly man at the edge of camp.
    I don't want to be mistaken as an appetizer to mutton. HA!

    ReplyDelete